Ozone C4 2012
C4 - A NEW DEFINITION FOR FREESTYLE AND FREERIDE KITEBOARDING
The latest generation of C4 brings a fresh new look along with refinements to each size. We have had amazing feedback from riders all around the world, so what we wanted to offer was a similar kite yet refined for improved freestyle & wakestyle performance.
We have fine tuned each size individually offering riders similar performance and feel they have come to know of the past C4 generations. The aspect ratio has been modified throughout the sizes to give the kites a better low end and more solid power during pop and release.
We have brought the feel of the entire size range closer together, slightly slowing down the smaller sizes and speeding up the larger sizes for better freestyle riding.
The new C4 continues with our Variable Bridle Geometry system, offering two “feel” settings. The system is simple, takes about 20 seconds to change and doesn’t involve adding or taking away any lines. The rider shifts the middle bridle lines up or down on pigtails to change the feel of the kite.
New School Setting
The C4 ships standard on this setting, it provides a slightly heavier and direct feel compared to the Freeride setting. The kite sits back a little bit more in the wind window when un-hooking, providing a more powerful load up and pop perfect for New School freestyle & wakestyle.
The Freeride setting offers a lighter bar feel and increased de-power which is perfect for freeriding and also in the waves. To use this setting simply shift the middle bridle lines to the pigtail knot closest to the leading edge.
The new C4 also has multiple trimming options offering customized handling and bar pressure.
With fast and intuitive handling and un-hooked performance, combined with massive de-power and back line re-launch, the C4 is a new definition for Freestyle and Freeride Kiteboarding.
C4 DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES >>
- Contact Water Control System
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Variable Bridle Geometry - New School (standard) & Freeride settings
- Refinement of each size for improved freestyle performance
- Canopy profiles designed for good low end & parked power
- Progressive feel throughout the throw range with massive de-power
- Explosive pop and hang time
- Fast intuitive handling with a similar feeling throughout the entire size range
- Easy back line re-launch
- One pump system for quick and easy set up
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Colour coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
C4 CONSTRUCTION FEATURES >>
- High volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- Improved strut construction for better canopy stability
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
CONTACT WATER CONTROL SYSTEM >>
- The Contact Water Control System offers a clean control bar design, with simple safety and an easy-to-use trimming system. The Control System exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards.
- Megatron Quick Release – The control system features Ozone’s proven Megatron quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. Easy re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
- Low Friction Centre Piece – The control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
- Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
- Magnetic trim handle – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat, to reduce tangles when the trimmer is de-powered.
- PU Covered trim line & cast stainless steel de-power ring – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running de-power ring also prevents trim line wear.
- Longer Foam Floats – The longer foam floats provide improved protection from the lines.
The Contact Water Control System bar sizes come in 45cm, 50cm and 54cm. The larger size PU chicken loop (sold separately) is perfect for riders with longer arms or for riders wanting even easier hooking in & out.
CONTACT WATER CONTROL SYSTEM FEATURES >>
- Megatron Quick Release chicken loop
- Auto positioning chickenloop for easier unhooked riding
- Wide mouth loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- Standard Flag Out or Expert riders leash connection ring
- Composite bar with low friction centre piece (45/50/54cm)
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip
- Hideaway elastic line retainers
- Clam cleat de-power trimmer with cast Stainless Steel de-power bracket
- Magnetic trim handle system reduces tangles when trimmer is de-powered
- Wear resistant PU covered trim line
- Longer foam floats with internal back line trimming
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Colour coded leader lines & 500/300kg flying lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards
CHECKING & MAINTAINING CONTROL SYSTEM FLYING LINES
- Over time kite flying lines may stretch slightly, and we highly recommend that you check your Control System lines are set correctly to what we call “bar zero”.
- Checking and maintaining your Control System will ensure you get the most performance from your Ozone kite.