The 2014 Ozone Reo is designed specifically for wave riding with surfing at it's heart. To bring you a true surfing experience, Ozone has combine many aspects of kite design to develop a kite that has huge de-power, smooth fast direct handling, float when the lines are slacked and perfect drift for down the line and onshore riding.
The modifications for 2014 have improved stability and float, while maintaining controlled de-power. De-powering the Reo on a wave gives the rider a true surfing experience. Instead of having the kite pull you alongside a wave, the Reo can be de-powered to put yourself on the wave and actually surf it. With fast direct handling and improved low end the Reo allows the rider to maximize bower in onshore conditions when the wave can "push" downwind.
Hooked or un-hooked, strapped or strapless, the Reo performs to every task in the waves. When unhooking, riders simply trim the de-power cleat and the Reo will sit back in the window and fly perfectly!
Design and Performance Features:
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems).
- Super fast and direct handling.
- Mega de-power range with insane float and drift characteristics.
- Easy on the bar back line re-launch.
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range.
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup.
- High volume Boston inflate/deflate valve.
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure.
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials.
- Teijin Techno Force sail material.
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts.
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability.
- Double stitched bonded seams.
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution.
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas.
- Reinforced trailing edge.
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads.
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas.