Ozone Edge 2013
The 2013 Ozone Edge is a no compromise design; we wanted a kite that is as refined as a race car in terms of high end performance. The sleek low drag planform combined with our high power airfoil section results in a kite that is fast, powerful and dynamic. The addition of our new low drag Aramid bridle lines takes the Edge one step further and gives it a turbo charged feel.
The power the 2013 Ozone Edge generates and delivers is unmatched. If you like to send it for big air and hang time the Edge packs an awesome punch, putting you higher and for longer than you can imagine. The speed and power are easily converted into height, and its high performance airfoil gives you plenty of fl oat which extends your air time. If you like going really big, then hit a small wave at full speed, send it at the same time and I guarantee you will be higher than you have ever been…naturally!
The Ozone Edge is not only a freeride performance machine. In the Race scene it has more than proven its pedigree, consistently helping riders take the top three steps of Championship podiums all over the world. Results speak for themselves and the Edge has more than any other ‘race kite’. For committed racers our new Race Control System allows the Edge to be trimmed on the fl y while fully powered and in position. The double pulley design enables easy micro power control and adjustment allowing you to hold your line at all times.
The beauty of the Ozone Edge is that anyone can enjoy its performance, not just racers. It is a great light wind kite on a twin tip because of its amazing power generation. I can frequently ride the 9m while other riders are struggling with 12m kites, and as soon as the wind picks up you then have a boost machine!
There is no hype here, just fact. Take a test ride to see what all the fuss is about…
- Insane upwind and downwind capabilities
- Extreme hang-time and lift
- Huge de-power range
- Low Drag Aramid Bridles
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume infl ate/defl ate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
- ozone edge 17mReview by Jeff
I can't say enough how much I love this kite. The build and quality of top shelf and I especially like not having pulleys as my local spot has power-like sand that can clog and jam a pulley.
I've been riding the 17M for over a year now and I like this kite so much that I am replacing all of the kites in my quiver with Edge from Ozone.
I am a heavy rider at 230 lbs and I ride the 17M in winds from 9 mph to 20 mph. At the low end below 12mph I am up an planing with a Spleene Monster Door and cruising upwind. At the higher end of the range, 15+ I am boosting jumps with amazing hang time. This is known as a race kite, but if jumping high with incredible hang time is your thing, then this is your kite, period!
I recommend flying the Edge with the Ozone bar because it allows for range when depowering than non Ozone bars. This is from experience, trust me, get the Ozone bar.
(Posted on 7/19/2013)