Ripstop sail tape is the best way to repair cuts in the sail of your kite. This Nylon tape will provide the strength needed to repair small cuts without creating a huge mess to undo later if you decide to get the repair done professionally. Available in clear and black. The clear tape will blend into any kite color and will be almost invisible when the kite is in the air. Width = 2 inches
Shop Note: This is the only repair tape that should be used on the sail of a kiteboarding kite. If the sail color is black, black sail tape will match the best. Any other color will look best with clear tape. It is nearly imposible to match a color to sail tape because of the wide variety of colors and the fact that sail colors fade from sun exposure. Large cuts should always be professionally repaired, but this repair tape can save your session and is a must have item when travelling.
1. Clean area of kite to be repaired.
2. Lay out sail area to be repaired flat on a table and remove all wrinkles.
3. Match up sail using grid in fabric.
4. Round corners of the tape.
5. Place tape over cut. Do not pull or stretch the tape. Tape should go beyond the cut by at least 1/2".
6. Match another piece of tape on opposite side of sail.
Separate tags with spaces. Wrap multi-word tags in single quotes. Example: 'New York' Manhattan